At Home With Quest: Part 5 February 2018
Barry is a Funds and Financial Services Recruitment Consultant who has been working for Quest since April 2017. Previously a singer, Barry is one of the few in the office that can hold a note!
1. How did a career in recruitment catch your attention?
An ex-colleague (& previous manager) moved into recruitment and reached out to me. Working with me and knowing my strengths and interests he felt it would be a good match.
2. What is a typical day like for you at Quest?
Mental! 🙂 – in a good way. I start with scanning through emails, checking into my tasks and prioritising my duties (as well as I can). As I bash through my agenda, the day throws me curve balls with spontaneous phone calls and job updates. My day is challenging and unpredictable, it’s great!
3. What is the best part of your working day at Quest?
The part where you get the email that looks like:
“We would like to offer…”
4. Tell us an unusual fact about yourself that not many people know.
I’ve boxed for half of my life and on the night of my 21st I turned up late (10pm) with a black eye courteous of the fantastic Katie Taylor. Don’t worry it wasn’t a carpark fight; it was a prearranged sparring session.
5. What is your advice to candidates who are seeking a new position?
Be open-minded, seek agency assistance but be careful when choosing who you’re working with and approach every interview like it’s your last! Oh yeah, and call me!